Halloween Cupcakes That Are Low Sugar and Low Carb ✨
HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES THAT ARE LOW SUGAR AND LOW CARB ✨
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
These adorably creepy Halloween cupcakes might look scary to the keto dieter, but fear not, they are perfect for your keto style Halloween Party! Top with a sugar-free gummy worm or plastic spider to complete the effect, Booooo!INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup Swerve Ultimate Sugar Replacement
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered Erythritol
- ¼ cup cacao powder
Allergen disclaimer: Contains dairy, tree nuts, eggsDIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat together all of the ingredients until smooth. Divide the batter between 12 cups. Transfer to the oven an bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove two cupcakes and crumble into a bowl, this will be your “dirt”.
- In a medium mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese for the icing until it’s light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the powdered Swerve and cacao powder to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream and transfer to a piping bag.
- Ice the cupcakes then top each with the crumbed “dirt”. Top with a sugar-free worm candy or a plastic spider to serve.
Lauren Lester is a food photographer, recipe developer, and author. She is the founder of the creative content agency, Healthful Creative. HC specializes in helping food centered brands share their story through recipe development + food photography. Apart from Healthful Creative, she is also the co-founder of the Keto website, Cast Iron Keto.