Low Carb Valentines Day Dessert
Keto Valentines Day Dessert
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving):
301 Calories • 27.6g Total Fat
15.5g Carbohydrates • 14g Fiber
1.5g Net Carbs • 7.3g Protein
Chocolate Dessert and Valentine’s Day go hand-in-hand, but if you are a keto-dieter you may have FOMO on this year’s Valentine celebration. Well fear no more, you are in luck because these Chocolate Rose Donuts are the perfect solution for an easy keto Valentines dessert. The fluffy light texture and dreamy rose essence of the donut is complemented by a smooth chocolate glaze to deliver the ultimate romantic keto Valentines Day dessert, or breakfast for that matter! Make them for your sugar-free sweetheart or your gluten-free galentine! Did I mention that this delicious donut only takes 30 minutes to make and has less than 2 grams of net carbs per serving? You are welcome!INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups HighKey Pancake Mix or Chocolate Pancake Mix
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered Erythritol
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons crushed rose petals
Allergen disclaimer: dairy, eggs, tree nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl whisk together the pancake mix, coconut oil, almond milk, and rose water. Divide the batter between the donut molds and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, invert the donuts onto a cooling rack while you prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze, mix together the ingredients in a small pot. Place the pot over low heat and cook until melted.
- Carefully dip each donut into the glaze then return to the cooling rack. Sprinkle with edible rose petals.
- Store covered in the refridgerator for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before eating.
Lauren Lester is a food photographer, recipe developer, and author. She is the founder of the creative content agency, Healthful Creative. HC specializes in helping food centered brands share their story through recipe development + food photography. Apart from Healthful Creative, she is also the co-founder of the Keto website, Cast Iron Keto.