Shrimp salad may sound simple and basic, but this shrimp salad is packed full of flavor and crunch.
Shrimp is low on calories, high in protein and contains no carbs. A 3oz serving of shrimp contains about 50% of your daily required selenium intake which may help reduce inflammation and promote heart health. High in omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids. Shrimp is also a great source of iron and is one of the best food sources for iodine Iodine is required by the body for proper thyroid function and brain health.
Shrimp Salad with Avocado and Lemon Thyme Dressing
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minute
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 429 calories, 32g total fat, 12g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 7g net carbs, 26g protein
1 ½ lbs. shrimp, precooked, peeled and deveined (16-20 shrimp per pound)
1 avocado, diced
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, grated
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cups spinach
- 1Place shrimp and avocado in a large bowl
- 2In a medium-sized bowl mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Add the mayonnaise mixture to the shrimp and avocado. Using a rubber spatula mix to coat.
- 4Add in celery and shallot and mix it all together.
- 5Equally divide spinach among 4 plates.
- 6Equally divide and place the shrimp mixture on top of spinach and toss to coat spinach
- 7Serve with lemon wedge for squeezing over the salad and greens for extra lemony flavor.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.