You can’t beat the flavor of a good ribeye. One of the most flavorful cuts of meat due to the fat content which gives it a rich a luxurious flavor.
Grass-fed beef might be one of the best sources of protein you can find. It includes significantly more brain boosting omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef. Grass-fed is also higher in vitamin A and E and cancer-fighting antioxidants compared to grain-fed beef.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer.
Ribeye with Cauliflower
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 986 calories, 89g total fat, 9g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 6g net carbs, 42g protein
2 1½ inch-thick boneless rib-eye steaks, grass fed and pasture raised (about 8-10 ounces each)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Gorgonzola Cream Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile preheat oven to 425 degrees and heat your grill to high
- 3Cut off the cauliflower stem end and place the head cut-side down.
- 4Slice cauliflower into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 5Arrange cauliflower on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- 6Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 7Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping after the first 10 minutes. Remove from oven when golden brown and transfer to serving platter.
- 8While cauliflower is roasting brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 9Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 10Turn the steaks over and continue to grill approximately another 5 minutes for medium-rare, 7 minutes for medium and 10 minutes for medium well. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer.
- Medium rare an internal temperature of 135 degrees F
- Medium an internal temperature of 140 degrees F
- Medium well an internal temperature of 150 degrees F
- 11Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil to keep warm and let rest 5 -6 minutes before slicing. While steak rests prepare Gorgonzola cream.
- 1Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat and melt butter.
- 2Add the heavy cream and let reduce by half.
- 3Turn heat to low, add the Gorgonzola and stir until it melts.
- 4Season to taste, with salt and pepper..
- 5Pour Gorgonzola cream over cauliflower and serve with steak.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.