Calling all soup lovers! Ring in soup season with this easy, creamy pumpkin soup that will keep you coming back through the seasons. This bowl is bursting with satisfying low-carb Fall flavors. You’ll start with a flavorful base of pureed roasted cauliflower and garlic. Next, you’ll add pureed pumpkin, a splash of apple cider vinegar, warm spices, and a touch of heavy cream. Top it all off with crispy crumbled bacon and HighKey’s savory parmesan cheddar egg whites and you’re left with an addicting soup that will keep you cozy all Fall.
Pumpkin Soup with Bacon: Keto-Friendly
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 53 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 346 calories, 27g total fat, 10g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 7g net carbs, 14g protein
2 cups cauliflower, chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled
8 slices bacon, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup HighKey Parmesan Cheddar Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400F
- 2On a sheet pan, toss chopped cauliflower and whole garlic cloves with 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer and roast 15-18 minutes, until tender..
- 3In a large pot, heat chopped bacon over medium heat 6-8 minute, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, reserving bacon grease in pot.
- 4Transfer cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender. Add 1 cup chicken broth. Process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- 5Transfer mixture to a pot with bacon grease over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 cup of chicken broth, pumpkin puree, apple cider vinegar, paprika, coriander, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- 6Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and slightly thickened.
- 7Remove from heat. Add butter and heavy cream and stir to combine, until butter is melted.
- 8Scoop soup into bowls and top with crumbled bacon, parsley, and HighKey Parmesan Cheddar Egg Whites.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.