Calling all Key Lime lovers, these refreshing bite-sized cakes are the perfect summer time party dessert and are so delicious you will have a hard time believing they are keto-friendly! Crafted with almond flour and coconut butter the zingy flavor of these key lime treats is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, keto dieter or not!
Keto Key Lime Cake Balls
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Chill: 8 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per cake ball): 258 calories, 26.1g fat, 4.8g carbohydrates, 2.8g of fiber, 2.1g net carbs, 3.8g protein
- 5 cups fine-ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup HighKey Monk Fruit Stevia Allulose Erythritol Blend
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 5 ounces Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Key lime zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cacao butter chopped and melted
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder for topping
Allergen disclaimer: Contains Tree Nuts, Citrus.
- 1In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except those for the coating. If the mixture is too dry (this will depend on the brand of your coconut butter) add in an additional ¼ cup of coconut butter - the mixture should form into balls easily. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll the dough into 16 balls.
- 2Freeze cake balls for 20 minutes until slightly firm.
- 3In a small bowl melt the cacao butter in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- 4Dip each bite into the cacao butter, let the excess fall off then place back on the pan. Repeat, dipping each ball into the cacao butter 3-4 times until you’ve used all of the cacao butter. Return to freezer for 15 minutes to allow the cacao to set then sprinkle with matcha. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.