Yogurt parfaits are a classic easy breakfast. This “yogurt” parfait is packed full of fat, fiber, and protein with just the just the right amount of sweetness. Enjoy it for breakfast or a late afternoon snack.
Nuts are fantastic sources of fat, fiber and protein. Generally, the fat in nuts is monounsaturated, as well as omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fat. Nuts also pack a number of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium and vitamin E. The small but mighty chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on the plane. Chia seeds are packed with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 443 calories, 39g total fat, 18g carbohydrates, 11g fiber, 7g net carbs, 12g protein
½ cup mascarpone cheese
¾ cup crème fraiche
2 ounces raspberries (or any other low carb berry)
1 tablespoon Erythritol, powdered
¼ cup Sliced Almond
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup flax seeds, coarsely ground
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine the mascarpone and crème fraiche until smooth and set aside.
- 2Using another bowl smash the berries with the back of a spoon and fold in powdered erythritol.
- 3In a third bowl combine all the nuts and seeds.
- 4Using a dessert cup, small bowl, or stemless wineglass layer beginning with “yogurt”, then “jam” top with a little more “yogurt” then nuts and finally top with cinnamon.
- 5Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat and enjoy.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.