Typically, ice cream is filled with tons of sugar and unnecessary carbs. But what if there was a way that you could cut the carbs and enjoy your ice cream too? Well Keto Fam, you're in luck. This super simple low carb, keto ice cream recipe is loaded with our Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies and rich chocolate chunks. It's easy to make, tastes great, and will not throw you out of ketosis. Not only is it yummy and delicious, but it's a big hit with kids too. A cookie lover’s dream come true!
Keto Ice Cream Recipe: Cookie Monster
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cool Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 10 hours
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 310 calories, 31g total fat, 23g carbohydrates, 19g fiber, 4g net carbs, 5g protein
Ice Cream Maker
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sweetener
3 egg yolks
1 scoop unflavored collagen
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
25 drops blue food coloring
1 package of HighKey Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies
50% chocolate squares, roughly chopped
- 1Bring half and half, milk, cream, and sweetener to a boil.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Slowly add the hot milk mixture to the yolks and whisk together. This will prevent the eggs from cooking and scrambling.
- 3Whisk all of the egg mixture into the saucepan and add the collagen. With the heat still on, continue whisking until liquid has thickened some. Once thickened remove from heat and let cool.
- 4Once COMPLETELY COOLED, chill overnight in the refrigerator. You want it super cold before you put it in the ice cream maker.
- 5Set up ice cream maker and follow instructions according to your model.
- 6When it’s almost set but still a little soft remove from ice cream maker and mix in 2/3 cookie & choc pieces. Top with remaining cookie and chocolate pieces. Enjoy!
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.