There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of chili. This version is packed with spice and flavor. Serve the chili up family style with all the fixings.
Grass-fed beef might be one of the best sources of protein you can find. It includes significantly more brain boosting omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef. Grass-fed beef is also higher in vitamin A and E and cancer-fighting antioxidants compared to grain-fed beef.
Keto Friendly Chili Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 274 calories, 17g total fat, 8g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 5g net carbs, 24g protein
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds organic grass-fed ground beef
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 large onions, diced
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup beef bone broth
- 1 15oz can diced tomato, with juices no sugar added
*Shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro and diced avocado for garnishes not included in nutrition facts information.
- 1Using either a large stock pot or Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high.
- 2Add onions, and jalapeno to pot and cook stirring often till onion becomes soft and translucent. 5-6 minutes.
- 3Add in garlic and cook for another minute till garlic becomes fragrant being careful not to burn the garlic. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- 4Add ground beef, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and cinnamon. Cook until brown.
- 5Once meat is browned, add in tomato paste, beef broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- 6Cook for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 7Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
- 8Serve warm family style in a large bowl with garnishes on the side.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.