Satisfy your Chinese takeout craving with this Keto Chicken Stir Fry recipe. Seasoned with tamari or soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and dark sesame oil, it offers a complex umami taste. By swapping in zucchini for regular noodles (a.k.a. zoodles), you can cut the carbs without missing out on your favorite flavors. Zoodles are a popular a low-carb substitute for noodles and are easy-to-make at home with a spiralizer or you can even buy them pre-spiralized at some grocery stores to save extra time.
Looking to add more even more color to this Keto Chicken Stir Fry recipe? Simply add in your favorite low-carb vegetables like mushrooms or scallions.
Keto Chicken Stir Fry with Zoodles and Sesame
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 (1.5 cups per serving)
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 260 calories, 18g total fat (62%), 5g carbohydrates (8%), 2g fiber, 3g net carbs, 20g protein (30%)
2 tablespoons avocado oil or canola oil, divided
- 1 pound trimmed, boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices gingerroot (or sprinkle in 1 teaspoon ground ginger at the end of cooking)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized into 8 cups of zucchini noodles
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Allergen disclaimer: Contains soy, sesame, gluten
- 1Heat a wok or large sauté pan on medium-high heat.Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- 2When the oil starts shimmering, add the chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle in the salt. Brown for 2 minutes without stirring.
- 3Drizzle in 1 teaspoon tamari and add the garlic, stirring occasionally, and sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a plate and scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to the pan. When the oil is shimmering, add the ginger and sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- 6Add the sesame seeds and cook briefly until browned.
- 7Add the zucchini and bell pepper and sauté until it’s tender enough to twirl around a fork like spaghetti and is bright green, about 4 minutes. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon tamari toward the end of cooking.
- 8Stir in the chicken, sesame oil, vinegar, and black pepper. Remove the gingerroot.