These adorably creepy halloween cupcakes might look scary to the keto dieter, but fear not, they are perfect for your keto style Halloween Party! This rich chocolatey indulgence features HighKey’s Monk Fruit Stevia Erythritol blend combined with coconut flour and other low carb ingredients for a deliciously ghoulish ketofied version of the classic Halloween Dirt Cupcake. Top with a sugar-free gummy worm or plastic spider to complete the effect, Booooo!
Halloween Dirt Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 265 calories, 25.8g total fat, 6.3g carbohydrates, 3.5g fiber, 2.8g net carbs, 5.8g protein
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup HighKey Monk Fruit Stevia Erythritol Blend
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered Erythritol
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F and line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat together all of the ingredients until smooth. Divide the batter between 12 cups. Transfer to the oven an bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 3Remove two cupcakes and crumble into a bowl, this will be your “dirt”.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese for the icing until it’s light and fluffy.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
- 6Add the powdered Swerve and cacao powder to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- 7Gently fold in the whipped cream and transfer to a piping bag.
- 8Ice the cupcakes then top each with the crumbed “dirt”. Top with a sugar-free worm candy or a plastic spider to serve.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.