Easy, quick weeknight meal with classic Mediterranean flavors of lemon, garlic and capers. Mahi-Mahi is a firm white flesh fish that’s relatively inexpensive. You can easily substitute Sea Base or Halibut for a fancy date night meal.
Mahi is a low-calorie fish with a high amount of protein, vitamins and minerals. Mahi contains vitamins B-5 and B-6, which supports healthy cell function and controls metabolism. They are also beneficial to brain function and mood. The Asparagus is an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, especially folate as well as vitamins A, C and K.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 268 calories, 16g total fat, 8g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 4g net carbs, 24g protein
3 tablespoons. butter, divided
2 tablespoons. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 (4-oz.) mahi-mahi fillets
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. asparagus
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, sliced thin and cut in half moons
1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
1 tablespoon. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1Place Mahi on plate and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2Trim hard wood ends off of the asparagus and set aside.
- 3Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4Add Mahi to the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes per side until golden. Remove from pan and transfer to plate.
- 5Using the same pan heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the asparagus until tender and bright green approximately 4 – 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- 6Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in sliced lemon, zest, juice, capers and parsley.
- 7Place a few pieces of asparagus on each plate. Place Mahi on top of the asparagus.
- 8Spoon sauce over the Mahi and asparagus. Garnish with more parsley and serve.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.