Upgrade your lunchbox with this easy chicken salad inspired by the fresh flavors of summer. This meal is simple to prep ahead so you can enjoy it all week long.
First you’ll poach diced chicken thighs in salted water. This results in beautifully juicy pieces of chicken. The chicken thighs’ dark meat adds to the layers of flavor in our salad. Next, you’ll incorporate some healthy fats in a creamy, flavorful dressing made from avocado, sour cream, and mayonnaise. A drizzle of white balsamic in the dressing adds a sweet kick. True to the caprese flavors, we add juicy cherry tomatoes, savory mozzarella pearls, and plenty of fresh basil.
Enjoy this salad on its own, in a lettuce wrap, or atop a plate of greens. Make it your own by adding your choice of nuts or spices.
Chicken Caprese Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 469.3 calories, 27.1g total fat, 3.8g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, 2.7g net carbs, 49.4g protein
Food processor or high speed blender
Large mixing bowl
For the salad
2 lb chicken breasts, diced
1 tsp salt
8 oz mozzarella pearls
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 cup basil, sliced
Allergens: dairy, egg
- 1In a large pot, cover diced chicken with water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Drain and transfer chicken to refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool.
- 2In a food processor or high speed blender, combine avocado, mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, white balsamic, lemon juice, half of the basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine dressing with the cooled chicken, mozzarella pearls, and cherry tomatoes. Toss to coat.
- 4Serve salad over a bed of greens or in a lettuce wrap.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.