Its officially soup season and this chicken soup with cauliflower “rice” will remind you of the classic chicken soup that we all crave when the weather gets warm and we feel the need to get cozy. This soup is comforting, cold and flu fighting and easy to make. You can add chopped greens, or any other veggies to create a one-bowl meal. The cauliflower rice can be made fresh in your food processor or feel free to use frozen cauliflower rice for a warming delicious cozy meal that is ready in less than 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Chicken and Rice Soup - Keto-Friendly
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 306 calories, 17g total fat, 4.3g carbohydrates, 1.3g fiber, 3g net carbs, 34g protein
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1inch pieces
¼ cup avocado oil
3 stalks celery
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 teaspoons dried sage
- 6 cups chicken stock (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (fresh made in food processor or frozen)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1Heat avocado oil in a large soup pot on medium heat..
- 2Add onions, celery, garlic and a pinch of salt and cook until onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock, sage and cut up chicken thighs
- 4Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Simmer for 15 minutes then add the cauliflower rice, bring back to a boil, reduce and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked through.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve topped with chopped parsley or fresh sage.
** HighKey Note: Cauliflower rice can be made by pulsing fresh raw cauliflower in your food processor with the S blade until it looks to be the size of rice. You can also buy it in the frozen vegetable section of most grocery stores.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.