Chicken alfredo with zucchini noodles is a low carb meal great for any night of the week and you won’t miss the pasta. Great for left over lunches the next day too!
Zucchini contains zero fat, and is high in water and fiber. It also contains significant amounts of vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K, and minerals, like potassium and manganese. Due to its high water content and fiber it can help to promote a healthy digestive system.
Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minute
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 610 calories, 51g total fat, 5g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 4g net carbs, 33g protein
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, organic and pasture raised
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
10 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 pinch ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 cups zucchini noodles
- ½ cup parsley, freshly chopped for garnish
- 1Using a sharp chef’s knife, butterfly each chicken breast in half and cut into bite size cubes.
- 2Place chicken on a large plate or baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- 4Once the butter has melted melts, add the chicken in a single layer. Without overcrowding the pan. (you may need to work in batches)
- 5Cook until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- 6Transfer the chicken to clean plate or bowl and set aside.
- 7Using the same pan over medium heat add the remaining 8 tablespoons butter.
- 8Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits from the chicken.
- 9Once the butter has melted, whisk in the cream, nutmeg and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer being careful not to boil. (your cream will break if it boils).
- 10Whisk in the parmesan cheese.
- 11Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- 12Add the chicken back into the sauce and keep warm over a low flame.
- 13Divide zoodles equally among 6 bowls. Top with chicken and alfredo sauce.
- 14Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.