Whether you are looking for a quick and easy side dish to make with dinner, or for a low-carb alternative to feed your friends this holiday season, these Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes never get old. This dish is an excellent low-carb, healthy substitution for mashed potatoes. Cauliflower is part of the cancer-fighting cruciferous vegetable family and is an extremely versatile power food with numerous health benefits. It is high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, and photosphorus. It is also a great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Enjoy this dish served warm with extra butter or ghee and sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs such as chives, rosemary, or parsley.
Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 123 calories, 10g total fat, 7g carbohydrates, 3.8g fiber, 3g net carbs, 3.4g protein
1 medium/large head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup chicken broth, vegetable broth or other bone broth
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, chives, or other herbs (optional)
Allergen disclaimer: Contains dairy (can be lactose free by using ghee)
- 1Clean and cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Fill a large soup pot or saute pan with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- 3Add cauliflower to pot, cover, and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until fork tender.
- 4While cauliflower is steaming, fit a food processor with an S blade. Add the butter, garlic powder, broth, and salt to the processor.
- 5When cauliflower is fork tender, strain water off but do not allow to cool.
- 6Quickly add hot cauliflower to food processor on top of other ingredients.
- 7Process until smooth, adding more broth as needed.
- 8Serve warm with or without extra butter/ghee and top with fresh herbs (optional).
- 9Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.