Craving a great breakfast sandwich? You've found it! This quick and easy "sandwich" will have you out the door on a busy morning while keeping you and the kiddos full and happy!
Pasture-raised eggs are laid by hens that get to spend their days outside on fresh pastures and generally living off the land. They contain 1/3 less cholesterol, 1/4 less saturated fat, 2/3 more Vitamin A, 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids, 3 times more Vitamin E, 7 times more beta carotene than conventional eggs.
Avocados add healthy fat and are rich in vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Breakfast Sandwich: Sausage and Egg
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 hour
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 482 calories, 41g total fat, 6g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 3g net carbs, 24g protein
8 sausage patties, grass fed
8 large eggs, pasture raised
2 tablespoons. heavy cream
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Kosher salt and Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Avocado, sliced
- 1In a cast iron or non-stick skillet brown sausage patties. Once cooked remove to a plate and pat with a paper towels to remove any excess fat.
- 2While sausage is browning in a small bowl beat eggs, heavy cream, and red pepper flakes together.
- 3In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 4Pour eggs into the skillet. And begin to scramble
- 5Once eggs begin to come together add in cheese, chives and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until cooked to your liking
- 6Evenly distribute eggs among 4 sausage patties, place 2 slice of avocado on top of eggs and cover each sandwich with remaining sausage patties.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.