Hamburgers are an American classic. These burgers won’t disappoint. You can make the burgers a day or two in advance and then cook when you’re ready. If you have the time let the meat come to room temperature. before cooking (20-30 minutes allows your beef to cook more evenly). Have an added little treat by serving them with some mashed avocado on the side.
Grass-fed beef might be one of the best sources of protein you can find. It includes significantly more brain boosting omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef. Grass-fed beef is also higher in vitamin A and E and cancer-fighting antioxidants compared to grain-fed beef.
Pasture-raised eggs are laid by hens that get to spend their days outside on fresh pastures and generally live off the land. They contain 1/3 less cholesterol, 1/4 less saturated fat, 2/3 more Vitamin A, 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids, 3 times more Vitamin E, 7 times more beta carotene than conventional eggs
Bacon Cheeseburger with Fried Egg
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 541 calories, 42g total fat, 1g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 1g net carbs, 38g protein
1lb Grass fed ground beef
4 slices uncured bacon, nitrate and nitrite free (not thick sliced)
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon water
4 large pasture raised eggs
1 tbsp butter
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1Divide ground beef in quarters, form each quarter into a ball then using your hands flatten into patties.
- 2Generously, season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper.
- 3Place bacon on a cutting board to form a # sign.
- 4Place burger in the center and wrap bacon around the burger.
- 5Heat a large cast iron pan or skillet over medium heat.
- 6Once the pan is hot place the bacon wrapped burgers in the pan. (No need for oil there should be enough fat that will render from the bacon for cooking). Cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes.
- 7Flip over and cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side, 4 minutes for medium rare.
- 8Place a slice of cheese on each burger. Add the water and cover the pan immediately, cook until cheese melts.
- 9Remove from pan to a serving platter and tent with foil to keep warm and rest.
- 10Add butter to a medium non-stick pan and crack eggs into the pan. Cook eggs over a medium heat until the white is set and your yolk will still be runny.
- 11Remove foil from serving platter, top each burger with an egg. Season each egg with a little salt and pepper and serve.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Hover over the image below and click the "Save" button in the top left corner to add to your Pinterest board.