HighKey cereals are $1.50 per serving, gluten free and grain free! 0 Net Carbs* - 10 Grams Protein - 90 Calories
- Keto & Target
- Common Keto Target Questions
- Top Keto-Friendly Snacks At Target
- Keto Cookies at Target
- Keto Snack Bars
- Keto Crackers and Chips
- Meat-Based Keto Snacks
Keto Snacks At Target
We can all agree that Target is our happy place, right? But do you ever think of them as a go-to place for keto snacks? Because you definitely should.
Whether you’re looking to buy everything on your shopping list or just looking for a snack, you can find tasty keto snacks at Target and Target.com that will satisfy your hunger pangs and won’t ruin your keto or low carb diet.
Of course, looking at the nutritional information on the back of every single package doesn’t sound like a lot of fun. To help you (and give you plenty of time to check out the home decor section!), we’ve rounded up the best keto snacks Target has to offer.
Let’s dive in!
Keto & Target
Is Target Keto-Friendly?
Target’s grocery selection for keto has blossomed in recent years, and now there’s a great selection of healthy snacks at Target stores and online. Of course, not everything in the store is keto-friendly and you need to do your due diligence, but once you’ve been on keto for a month or two, you’ll know at-a-glance whether most foods are keto or not.
The good news is if you’re new to keto and still figuring it out, Target makes it a lot easier to identify those keto-friendly foods and snacks they offer online. When you go to Target's website, hit the drop-down menu for categories and select “grocery.” Then, scroll down to the bottom of the featured section and click "specialty diets." The first option you should see when you get to the next menu should say "Ketogenic Foods.” This simple search could really make the difference in those first few keto shopping trips when everything feels a little overwhelming. Consider that section your keto cheat sheet!
Why Shop at Target For Keto Food?
Our number one reason for shopping for keto food at Target is quality! They have items such as organic grass-fed beef, wild-caught salmon, organic zucchini noodles, frozen broccoli, and plenty of packaged snacks as well. Every keto dieter around can tell you that ingredients and quality are really important when you’re shopping for groceries and snacks and Target has done a great job of making sure their products are the best of the best!
Our second reason for making Target a go-to spot is convenience! Very rarely will there be a shopping trip where you don’t need household items like paper towels, toilet paper, or cleaning supplies. If you do your grocery shopping at Target, you can grab your groceries, your household necessities, a new book, some stationery supplies, maybe a new pair of Levi’s, hell, even a new dresser if you want it. This becomes even more important when having items delivered. Bundling everything into one shipment can help cut back on those delivery fees (and trips back and forth to unload your car)!
Is Target The Best Grocery Store For Keto-Friendly Food?
We all lead busy lives at this point, right? So the thought of going out of your way to a diet-specific store just for a snack seems a bit much. Especially when you can drive down the street and find your snacks, groceries for your family, clothes for the kiddos, and a birthday gift for your grandma in one store!
Target may also be your best choice if you’re doing keto on a budget. Many keto-friendly snacks and packaged foods are expensive because the ingredients in them are more expensive than the conventional versions that use sugar, wheat, etc. I mean, have you seen how much it costs to buy almond flour instead of white flour? If you’re on a budget, this is where utilizing Target’s Same-Day delivery or Curb-side pick-up can be really helpful. It allows you to shop for your groceries plus any other essentials and see your total as you go. It also keeps you from getting distracted by all the pretty, sparkly new things in the Bullseye Playground and Dollar Section at the front of the store. As you add to your cart online, you’ll be able to see once you start getting close to the amount you have budgeted for groceries and can check-out or reevaluate! Target’s Circle App also offers great discounts and coupons that can be used in-store or online for exclusive savings you won't’ find anywhere else!
Common Keto Target Questions
Does Target Carry MCT Oil?
MCT is an acronym that stands for medium-chain triglyceride. Put simply, MCT’s are fatty acids that are digested by your body quicker than other fats. MCT oil is a supplement many people add to their diets because it’s been believed to offer a range of great benefits, especially for people following a keto diet. It’s most commonly added to smoothies, bulletproof coffee, and salad dressings, but you can take it in whichever way suits you best. MCT oil has been known to help:
- Suppress your appetite. MCT oil helps increase the release of two hormones (peptide YY and leptin) that help you feel full.
- You burn extra calories, as your body has to make more effort to process MCT.
- Provide extra energy without the extra calories, as your body can use MCT as an instant source of energy – a little like caffeine or sugar, without the adverse effects.
- May help lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and other overall health benefits.
Target sells two different brands of MCT oil, both of which provide 14g of fat per tablespoon, plus a powdered version. The two bottles of oil are:
- Rapid Fire Coffee MCT Oil, which is 100% coconut oil and comes in a 15oz bottle.
- Ketologic MCT Oil, which is also made from coconut oil and comes in a 16oz bottle.
The powdered MCT Target sells is:
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Keto Organic MCT Powder, which is another coconut-based product that provides 6g of MCTs per serving.
Does Target Have a Keto Section?
At the moment, Target doesn’t have a special section dedicated to keto-friendly products in-stores. However, as we mentioned in one of the sections above, their website does provide you with a ketogenic foods filter so you can see exactly what they have in stock that will fit into your keto lifestyle. It’s always a good idea to double-check the nutritional information regardless, especially if your carb allowance is particularly low but Target’s ketogenic foods section on the site does a great job of narrowing down your options!
Does Target Have Keto Supplements?
Dietary supplements are what their name suggests: a supplement to your diet that people usually take to fill any nutritional gaps in their eating or improve their quality of life. Same goes for keto supplements: they are not a substitute for a ketogenic diet but they might be a great compliment to it.
Here’s the theory: The best way to achieve ketosis is by strictly limiting carbs so your body switches to using fat for fuel. Some keto dieters have reported that a substance called exogenous ketones (basically meaning ketones that come from outside the body) can assist in speeding up this process by increasing circulating ketones in your body. Some keto dieters have also reported that exogenous ketones can help minimize keto flu symptoms which commonly occur when first going into ketosis.
Target stocks one ketone activator supplement that may help: Ancient Nutrition KetoFire Weight Loss Supplement Capsules. This supplement contains exogenous ketones, MCTs, and organic,energizing adaptogens with antioxidant properties. This supplement comes in bottles of 90 and 180 capsules.
Does Target Have Ketone Test Strips?
Knowing exactly when you enter ketosis can feel like fumbling around in the dark. Instead of guessing and hoping your body is getting into ketosis, you can actually measure the level of ketones in your body using blood or urine tests to be sure. For many, this is a great indicator of ketosis. Once you’ve been on keto for a while though, testing is less necessary but some people still like to do it just as confirmation they’re still on track.
While you can buy an at-home blood test meter, a less expensive – and less painful – method is to test your urine with reagent strips or testing your breath with a special breathalyzer.
Target has urine tests covered with Ketostix Reagent Strips for Urinalysis. These strips come in containers of 50 strips and give you fast results. The airtight bottle keeps the strips fresh and ready to use.
Top Keto-Friendly Snacks At Target
Alright, the moment we’ve all been waiting for! If you don’t have the time to scour the shelves or the online listings for keto snacks at Target that fit your needs, then have no fear! We’ve gathered our favorites in the list below:
Keto Cookies at Target
The keto cookie category is steadily growing and there are so many more great options available in stores now. Target is always growing their offerings, and we’ve recently come across some great options! One cookie option they have is South Beach Diet Keto Peanut Butter Cookie Bite Case. Each box contains 20 keto-friendly cookie bites with 11g of fat, just 2g net carbs and 5g of protein per package. They’re also available in Double Chocolate flavor.
Of course, if you crave cookies often, our Highkey Mini Cookies should probably be your next online order. Our cookies are extremely popular because they taste incredible (I mean, have you seen our reviews?) and our macros and ingredients are even better. We make them in three delicious flavors:
Keto Snack Bars
This is another constantly-evolving category. Our current finds are:
- South Beach Diet Keto Dark Chocolate Nut Bar Case – Made with almonds, walnuts and a drizzle of dark chocolate, each bar has just 4g net carbs so fits right in with a keto diet. Also available in Espresso Nut flavor.
- Epic Venison Sea Salt & Pepper Nutrition Bar – These are savory protein bars with just 2g of carbs and 12g protein. Epic also makes chicken, bison, bacon and egg, and turkey flavors, so you’ve got a ton of choice.
Keto Crackers and Chips
Since most crackers are made from wheat or corn, there’s not a lot of keto-friendly options to choose from, but Target does carry a range of snacks that hit the same craving. Here are some of the best to keep an eye out for:
- Oh Snap! Hottie Bites – if you love pickled foods or are just in the mood for something salty and spicy, these bites are a great choice. Each package has just 15 calories and 2g of net carbs. (seriously, we’ll be stocking up too.)
- Whisps Parmesan Cheese Crisps – these crisps are 100% Parmesan cheese and only contain 1g net carbs while still providing 13g of protein. They also have Cheddar and Asiago and Pepper Jack Cheese flavors, so these are definitely worth picking up when you see them.
- Annie Chun’s Organic Seaweed Snacks – Just 1g net carbs make these another keto winner. Also available in Sea Salt and Original versions.
- GimMe Organic Roasted Seaweed Sea Salt Snacks – Another 1g carbs keto favorite for those who like seaweed. They also come in Teriyaki, Sesame and Wasabi flavors.
Target has a good range of meat-based keto snacks:
- Epic Pork Rinds – a keto favorite and this brand is high quality. They come in three flavors: Himalayan Sea Salt, Chili Lime, and Sea Salt and Pepper.
- Mission Chicharrones Pork Rinds – another great flavorsome pork rind and a little cheaper than the Epic, too.
- Oberto All-Natural Bacon Jerky – 1g of carbs and lots of fats and protein.
- Vermont Smoke & Cure Beef & Pork Sticks – no carbs at all, so this is another perfect keto snack at Target.
- Jack Link's Original Sausage Jerky – Only 1g of carbs and with 11g of fat and 8g of protein in each serving of two pieces.
- Dukes Original “Shorty” Smoked Sausages – Almost zero carbs and a keto-friendly 11g of fat and 7g of protein.
- Old Wisconsin Original Sausage Snack Bites – 1g of carbs, 10g of fat and 5g of protein make this a must-add to your shopping list.
Miscellaneous Keto Snacks
There are a lot of other keto snacks like olives, pickles, and nuts on the shelves at Target but here are some offered by their in-house brands Good and Gather and Archer Farms:
- Homestyle Guacamole - Loaded with healthy monounsaturated fat and minimal carbs.
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Strips - Only 2g net carbs a serving and plenty of protein and fat.
- Colby Jack Cheese Cubes - Less than a gram of carbs but 9g of fat and 7g of protein.
- Creamy Mozzarella Semi-Soft Cheese Snacks – Practically no carbs but 5g of fat and 5g of protein too.
- String Cheese - Another mozzarella-based keto classic that’s easy to take on the go and let’s admit it, fun to eat, too.
- Creamy Almond Butter – This has 4g net carbs but 16g of fat and 6g of protein means it has a place in a ketogenic diet.
- Roasted Macadamia Nuts – Macadamia nuts are easily the most keto-friendly nut on the planet and loaded with healthy fats.
- Salami & Cheddar Cheese On-the-Go Snack Box - Tasty and keto-friendly with 2g of carbs, 25g of fat and 24g of protein – almost a meal in itself.
- Roasted Sea Salt Almonds – Nothing could be easier than carrying a pack of almonds in your pocket to help carry you through to the next meal. A pack of these has only 3g net carbs and 23g of fat and 9g of protein.
If you’re new to Keto, you may be a little nervous about switching your shopping habits or finding new stores. Let this be your comfort that you don’t have to! Target has created a great atmosphere that supports your new found better-for-you lifestyle, while still helping you stay true to who you are - top knot and leggings included!
KETO SNACK BOX! — LIMITED TIME OFFER — SAVE NOW