Why keto friendly fruit when you can eat HighKey keto cereal with 10 grams of protein and only 90 calories? At HighKey, our cereals are gluten free, grain free, 0 Net Carbs*, and $1.50 per serving!
- Can You Eat Fruit On Keto?
Can You Eat Fruit On Keto? Bananas On Keto
For those with a major sweet tooth, cutting out sugar might be the hardest part of keto. Eating fruit is typically a healthy way to satisfy those sugar cravings since it contains plenty of vitamins, minerals and fiber that are important for a healthy diet. However, some people on the keto diet avoid fruit because it tends to be higher in carbs and sugar. The good news is there are still plenty of fruits that you can enjoy in moderation that won’t kick you out of ketosis!
There are two important thing to remember if you’re following a keto diet and want to eat fruit:
- Stick to fruits that have less sugar and carbs. In general, the sweeter the fruit is, the more sugar it contains (duh). How many carbs in a banana? A banana, for instance, is a very sugary and carb heavy fruit, with 14 grams of sugar and 27 grams of carbohydrates in just one serving. This makes it a no-go if you’re trying to limit your daily carb intake
- Watch your portion size. Even with that are low in sugar and high in fiber, you still need to be mindful of how many you eat so you can keep your carb count under control.
If you’re looking to include fruit into your diet while still remaining in ketosis, try these seven keto-friendly fruits that can be eaten in moderation.
Raspberries are a great option when it comes to keto-friendly fruits, as half a cup contains just 3 grams of net carbs when you account for fiber (a half cup of raspberries is 7 carbs minus 4 grams of fiber). Eat them when you’re craving an after dinner dessert, or try pairing them with some Greek yogurt at breakfast.
Like raspberries, blackberries can be eaten on the keto diet, clocking in at 3 grams of net carbs per half cup serving. Eat them with a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream or add them on top of keto-friendly hot cereal for a delicious and tasty treat.
Strawberries are a little sweeter than their other berry counterparts, but they’re still a safe bet on the keto diet when eaten in moderation. Half a cup of strawberries comes in at 4 grams of net carbs, which means you can still nibble on a few when your sweet tooth kicks in.
Although you don’t want to eat a whole lot at once, small portions of watermelon can be enjoyed on the keto diet. Half a cup of diced watermelon contains 5.5 grams of carbs, so enjoy sparingly.
Like watermelon, cantaloupe is higher in carbs than some other fruits like berries, but it can be consumed from time to time. Half a cup of diced cantaloupe contains about 6 grams of net carbs, so treat cantaloupe more like a special occasion dessert.
Although you may not want to eat the whole thing, peaches are still a fruit you can enjoy in moderation while on keto. One medium peach contains 12 net grams of carbohydrates, so you may want to cut it in half and enjoy just a few slices with a bowl of cottage cheese.
If you’re looking to enjoy a whole fruit, you can turn to a plum instead. One medium plum contains 7 grams of net carbs, making it an occasional keto-friendly treat.
Thankfully, it’s just a myth that you must cut out fruit altogether while doing. You will likely want to skip fruit when beginning a keto diet, but if your body is “keto-adapted,” meaning you’ve been on the keto diet for a longer period of time and your body is used to it, then go for it occasionally! Sticking to portion controlled,lower-sugar, and high fiber fruits in moderation as part of your daily carb allowance will ensure you stay within your daily carb intake recommendation and more importantly, in ketosis.
KETO SNACK BOX! — LIMITED TIME OFFER — SAVE NOW
MOST CRAVED PRODUCTS
TOP KETO BLOG POSTS1. KETO WEIGHT LOSS
2. KETO FRIENDLY SEASONINGS
3. KETO FRIENDLY FRUITS
4. KETO CYCLING VS CARB CYCLING
5. KETO DIET TRACKING APPS
6. IS OATMEAL KETO FRIENDLY?
7. HEALTHY KETO BREAKFAST CEREAL
8. KETO BAKING INGREDIENTS & ESSENTIALS
9. CAN YOU DRINK MILK ON KETO?
10. STORE BOUGHT KETO SNACKS TO BUY
RECENT BLOG POSTS1. KETO FOR WOMEN: MUST-KNOW TIPS FOR KETO SUCCESS
2. Easy Keto Meals: 5 Tips to Keto-fy Any Dish
3. Low Glycemic Foods: Fruit, Vegetables & High Glycemic Foods To Avoid
4. What Are The Top 10 Keto Superfoods?
5. Keto Cheat Days