Keto Snacks To Buy: Low Carb, Store Bought Keto Snacks
Store Bought Keto Snacks
So, we all know the ketogenic diet may not be the easiest diet to follow when you’re out and about, and even just buying snacks to keep in the pantry at home can be a minefield. Make the wrong choice and eat too many carbohydrates, and you are in danger of kicking your body out of ketosis – essentially meaning you have to restart the process of getting back into ketosis. scratch. Yikes.
Unless you’re looking to sabotage your diet (which, since you’re here, we’re guessing you’re dedicated to succeeding with keto) you can’t just grab anything off the shelves when you need a quick fix.
So do we have to make all our snacks at home to take with us? While that may be “better”, it’s not always convenient. Wouldn’t it be so much easier if we could just walk into Walmart or Costco, or even just a gas station or convenience store, and grab a pack of something keto-friendly? Well, you know what? You can! Do store-bought keto snacks exist? You betcha! Today we’re going to share some of our best keto snacks to buy wherever you are.
Tips On How To Find The Best Snacks For Your Keto Diet
If you’re thinking of going keto, or you’ve already committed to the keto lifestyle and seen results, , you will already know that the basis of the diet revolves around keeping carbs under a certain level and using fats and protein to give you energy and keep your body in good shape.
A candy bar or a bag of potato chips is just not going to cut it – they both contain plenty of fat and some protein, but are also crammed with carbohydrates– a huge keto no-no.
How about a little pack of raisins, they’re healthy, right? Maybe, but they’re not suitable for keto. Although naturally occurring, one of those tiny 1/2 oz boxes is mostly sugar – 11g of carbohydrates. If you are on a keto diet and looking to limit your carb intake to, say, 20- 30g then 11g is a big deal.
But I promise you there are plenty of keto-friendly alternatives out there easily available in every store, so how do you find the best options?
If you ate perfectly at every meal you might not feel the need to snack, but we’re not perfect and we love snacking. If you’re like me, I have to grab a packet of HighKey cookies to get me through that 3pm lull between lunch and dinner, or I’m going to be tempted to binge on something bad for me on the way home from work.
So, do just that – be prepared with a snack or at least know what you can buy in each store, you’ll be way ahead of the game.
Here are the ground rules for a good keto snack: high quality, high fat, high protein and low carbs. Skip the chips and head to the jerky or grab a packet of nuts – just stay away from honey roasted and other flavors. Don’t go near the candy, either, especially if you’re in a convenience store, as few stores like that carry dark chocolate (dark chocolate is okay on keto diets if it is greater than 75% or so cocoa solids), so there likely won’t be anything suitable for you.
And, if in doubt and you can’t find anything to eat, grab a couple of diet or zero-sugar sodas. Most contain keto-safe sweeteners and the bubbles might help make you feel full until you can actually get something keto-friendly to eat. Perhaps a little gassy, but you’ll still be in ketosis, so who cares?
Are There Any Snacks You Can Eat Unlimited On Keto?
“Unlimited” is a scary word when you’re talking about eating something, no matter what diet you’re on, but even more so on keto, as those carbs will add up eventually.
Plus, even if you find a food that is virtually carb-free, you should have a macros target (carbs, protein, and fat in grams) you are trying to hit. Too much of anything on keto is not a good idea. Check out our awesome Keto Calculator here to calculate your target macros!
However, there is a plant-based shirataki noodle made from the konjac yam which has zero carbs, zero fat, and zero protein. In fact, the only thing it does seem to have is a little dietary fiber, and 97% water. So, if you eat it with just a teaspoon or two of soy sauce you probably could eat an unlimited amount but it is not recommended, plus you’d likely feel sick and pretty bored of it by the third bowl, don’t you think?
Diets should be about eating well and making healthy choices whenever possible. Filling your stomach with a food that has no nutritional value isn’t usually worth it.
It’s also not a good idea to buy into any kind of binging behavior – it’s not good for your brain and it’s not good for your body, either, so try to choose filling low-carb packaged snacks, just keep reading to hear more about some great options!
Top Store-Bought Keto Snacks
Let’s take a look at what the most popular keto store-bought packaged snacks are that you can hopefully find near you.
Keto Snacks At Walmart
Walmart isn’t always the most keto-friendly place in the world, but it is possible to find low carb packaged snacks in-store as well as keto dessert items. Here’s a list of some choices for Walmart keto store-bought packaged snacks.
- Quest Tortilla Style Protein Chips - These come in four flavors: Sour Cream and Onion, Cheddar and Sour Cream, Chili Lime, and Loaded Taco. Nutritional values differ a little between flavors but per bag are around 4.5g of fat, 4g of net carbs, 19g of protein and 140 calories.
- Cello Whisps Cheddar Cheese Crisps -Made solely from cheddar cheese, this crunchy snack has 9g of fat, just 1g of carbs, 6g of protein and 170 calories.
- Atkins Indulge Treat Chocolate Covered Almonds -Chocolate covered almonds don’t sound keto-friendly but one pack of this treat comes in at 11g of fat, 2g net carbs, 3g of protein and 140 calories.
- SlimFast Keto Meal Replacement Bar -These come in five delicious flavors including Whipped Peanut Butter Chocolate and Salt Caramel Macadamia Nut. One bar contains 14g of fat, 3g net carbs, 7g of protein and 190 calories.
- Vermont Smoke and Cure Mini Meat Stick Go Pack -These individually wrapped beef sticks contain 3g of fat, 1g of carbohydrates, 3g of protein and 45 calories per stick.
- SlimFast Keto Fat Bomb Snacks -Coming in four flavors, these have around 9g of fat, 4g net carbs, 2g of protein and 90 calories in each bomb.
- Quest Protein Cookies -These come in several flavors and have 17g of fat, 4g net carbs, 15g of protein and 250 calories.
- Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bar - Again lots of flavors to choose from and each bar contains 9g of fat, 2g net carbs, 15g of protein and 180 calories.
- Utz Pork Rinds –one serving of these will give you 6g of fat, zero carbs, 8g of protein and 80 calories.
- Fiber One Brownies -One brownie has 3g of fat, 5g net carbs, 2g of protein and 70 calories.
Keto Snacks At Target
If you’re anything like me, Target is a place best avoided unless you want to come out with $50 worth of stationary, a new throw, and a couple of side tables, but if you have the will power to go in just for a couple of store-bought keto snacks, go ahead! Here’s a list of some of the best choices for Target keto store-bought packaged snacks.
- Mini Babybell Original Semisoft Cheeses - Mini Babybells come in different varieties, so check the labels for details if you’re going to try a different flavor. The original Babybell contains 4g of fat, zero carbs and 5g of protein.
- Pearls Olives To Go Black Pitted Olives - You can also get pimento-stuffed green olives, kalamata olives, and other varieties, too. Each cup contains 3g of fat, 2g of carbs, zero protein and 30 calories.
- Columbus Genoa Salame Panino -This almost constitutes lunch on its own: 26g of fat, no carbs, 25g of protein and 340 calories, so make sure you’ve got the space in your macros before picking this one up!
- GimMe Organic Roasted Seaweed Snack Sea Salt Snacks -Also comes in teriyaki and sesame flavors, one container has 4g of fat, 2g of carbohydrate, 2g of protein and 25 calories.
- EPIC Venison Sea Salt and Pepper Nutrition Bar - You can get bison, chicken, pork and turkey, too, so if you’re not up for game there are other options. Each bar of this version has 3g of fat, 2g of carbs, 12g of protein and 80 calories.
- Annie Chun’s Organic Seaweed Snacks -These come in several flavors and each serving has 2g of fat, 1g of carbs, 1g of protein and 30 calories.
- Peckish Everything Protein Pack -Two boiled eggs and a dip, each pack has 12g of fat, 5g of carbohydrate, 13g of protein and 180 calories.
- Epic Chicken Sriracha Nutrition Bar -Each bar contains 4g of fat, 1g of carbs, 15g of protein and 100 calories.
- Mission Chicharrones Pork Rinds -A serving contains 5g of fat, no carbs, 9g of protein and 80 calories.
Keto Snacks At Costco
Costco isn’t the place you’re typically heading to grab a snack at short notice, but if you’re looking to stock your pantry, it does have some good keto options. Here’s a list of some of the best choices for keto store-bought packaged snacks at Costco.
- Kirkland Signature Dry Roasted Almonds - They come in a big 2.5lb pack and each serving (1/4 cup) has 16g of fat, 3g net carbohydrate, 6g of protein and 170 calories.
- Country Archer Mini Beef Sticks -Great for keto, these mini sticks contain 3.5g of fat, no carbs, a satisfying 5g of protein and 50 calories in each stick.
- Kirkland Signature Protein Bars, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough -They come in several varieties and this one has 7g of fat, 7g of net carbs, 21g of protein and 190 calories. Another protein winner.
- Autumn’s Gold Cinnamon Almond Grain Free Granola Bars -These energy bars have 17g of fat, 8g of carbs, 5g of protein and 210 calories, so aren’t ideal, but are one of the lower carb granola bars available.
- Kirkland Signature Organic Peanut Butter - One serving (2 tbsp) of this all-natural peanut butter dishes up 16g of fat, 5g of carbs, 8g of protein and 200 calories.
Keto Snacks At CVS
Heading to CVS right now? Don’t worry, you absolutely can find low carb packaged snacks on their shelves. Here’s some of the best to look out for:
- Ketologic Keto Crisps - Seven of these cheese-based crisps will give you 13g of fat, zero net carbs, 9g of protein and 160 calories. Best of all, they’re made especially for keto!
- Ketologic Keto Indulge Dark Chocolate Candies –Another great snack option from Ketologic. Two squares of this rich treat has 11g of fat, 1g of carbohydrate, 2g of protein and 110 calories.
- FBOMB Nut Butter -When you’re running out of energy just grab one of these: 22g of fat, practically no carbs or protein, and 220 calories. One of the best keto snacks to buy for fat content.
- Gold Emblem Abound Almond Butter - A 30g serving contains 17g of fat, 3g net carbs, 7g of protein and 210 calories.
- Gold Emblem Abound Unsalted Pistachio and Almond Blend -In 1/4 cup not only will you get 14g of fat and 4g of net carbs but a useful 6g of protein as well, for just 170 calories.
Top 5 Keto Snacks To Buy Online
We are all doing more and more of our grocery shopping online, and – let’s be honest – the best pick of keto snacks are available online. If you’ve got the time, order these top 5 keto snacks and give them a try.
The 5 Top Keto Snacks To Buy Online Are (in no particular order):
Flock Rotisserie Chicken Chips
If you like pork rinds then you’ll love these slivers of crispy chicken skin, packed with flavor and completely delicious. They are a perfect snack for anyone on a keto diet and come in original, salt and vinegar and BBQ flavors. They have 14g of fat, zero carbs, 13g of protein and 180 calories.
Magic Spoon Cereal
Magic Spoon offers cereal like you had as a kid, but without all the sugar. They offer a great range of flavors and are a quick, easy and guiltless snack at any time of day. Each serving has 6g of fat, 3g net carbs, 12g of protein and 110 calories. Get them direct from Magic Spoon.
Quevos Keto Flavors Egg White Chips
Made largely from egg whites, these chips are a good source of protein and fiber as well as very low in carbohydrates. They come in two lovely flavors – Sour Cream & Onion and Quevos Rancheros. Each bag of chips has 10g of fat, 4g net carbs, 8g of protein and 140 calories. You can order them directly from Quevos.
Smart Sweets Peach Rings
If you love a good Gummy Bear or Sour Patch Kid, you will love these candy peach rings. Sweetened with allulose, a natural sweetener not absorbed by the body, you get the sugar taste without the carbs. They won’t give you a fat or protein boost, but each bag of Peach Rings has no fat, 12g net carbs, no protein, and 100 calories. A much better alternative if you’re looking for a treat to eat at home or take to the movies. Get them online from Smart Sweets.
HighKey Mini Cookies
Yes, we have to mention our own cookies – but that’s because we love them, and, judging by their popularity, our customers love them too! I’m not kidding you when I say these are so good you won’t believe they’re keto, the taste and texture is amazing. They come in three delicious flavors – Chocolate Chip, Snickerdoodle and Double Chocolate Brownie. Each serving, and that’s about eight bite-size cookies, contains around 14g of fat, 2g net carbs, 4g of protein and 140 calories. You have to try them! Grab them here and check out our other snack options while you are at it!
Top Keto Snacks To Buy On Amazon
I mean, we buy everything else on Amazon, why not add a couple of low carb packaged snacks to your basket? Here’s a couple of great suggestions:
Duke’s Original Recipe Smoked Shorty Sausages
The perfect go-anywhere keto-friendly snack, full of fat and protein and almost no carbs. They come in eight exciting flavors, you can also get double-length versions and packs including parmesan cheese crisps for lunch on the go. Two links will give you 11g of fat, less than 1g of carbs, 7g of protein and 130 calories.
Moon Cheese Garlickin’ Parmesan
Anything made from parmesan has to taste good, right? These Moon Cheese bites add a little garlic and give your tastebuds one heck of a ride. Don’t like parmesan (what is wrong with you?)? They are also available in Bacon Cheddar, Cheddar, Gouda, and Pepper Jack varieties. Each serving will give you 12g of fat, 2g of carbs, 12g of protein and 160 calories.
Genius Gourmet Keto Bar
A mouth-watering snack available in both chocolate and peanut butter flavors and less than a gram of sugar. What more could you want? Each bar has 13g of fat, 2g net carbs, 10g of protein and 170 calories.
ChocZero’s Premium Keto Chocolate Bark
This comes in no less than 11 varieties, all of them low carb. There’s no chance of getting bored with these keto snacks. The sugar-free almond flavor is popular and each 1oz serving has 10g of fat, 2g net carbs, 1g of protein and 120 calories.
Think! Keto Protein Bars
Packed with peanut butter and pieces and covered in a thick layer of luscious chocolate you might wonder how this can possibly be keto-approved, but it is. Each bar has 14g of fat, 4g net carbs, 10g of protein and 180 calories.
Rip Van Wafels Dutch Caramel & Vanilla Mini Stroopwafels
These also come in Cookies & Cream and Snickerdoodle flavors and are low carb, low calorie and low sugar. There are no artificial colors or flavors, preservatives, trans fat, soy or high fructose corn syrup. Each wafel contains 2g of fat, 3g of net carbs, zero protein and only 34 calories.
Fbomb Cheese Crisps
In handy resealable bags, these cheesy snacks are maximum flavor and minimum carbohydrate and “made for your crunching, munching pleasure”. Each serving has 13g of fat, 1g of carbs, 9g of protein and 160 calories.
Kiss My Keto Bars
These bars are full of healthy fats and protein and low in carbs – and packed with taste. They are available in three flavors: Peanut Butter Chocolate, Cookie Dough Chocolate, and Coconut Chocolate. Each bar has around 20g of fat, 6g net carbs, 9g of protein and 240 calories.
BHU Keto Bites
These bites are just the thing to keep you on your low carb keto path while satisfying your fudgy chocolate cravings. They come in three varieties: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Double Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough, and White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie Dough. Each 25g serving holds 10g of protein, 1g net carbs, 4g of protein and 120 calories.
FitJoy Mini Protein Bars
Available in four flavors: Cookies & Cream, Cookie Dough Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Grandma’s Lemon Square, these mini bars are perfect when you need a quick hit of protein/ They’re gluten-free, GMO-free, maltitol free and have no artificial flavors and sweeteners. Each mini bar has 2.5g of fat, 3g net carbs, 6g of protein and 70 calories.
Top Keto Grocery Store Snacks
Looking for other stores? Here are some more of the best snacks you can find at some of the mainstream grocery stores near you.
Keto Grocery Store Snacks At Aldi
- Sundae Shoppe Keto Ice Cream - Ice cream is a snack, right? Of course it is. This keto ice cream from Aldi comes in loads of flavors: Milk Chocolate Chips, Cookie Dough, Vanilla Bean and Peanut Butter & Fudge to name but four. This is a new product and great news for us ice cream lovers on a keto diet. At 11g of fat, 5g net carbs and 220 calories.
- Carb Conscious Elevation Snack Bars - In seven gorgeous flavors these are an Aldi must-buy for the keto conscious. Each bar contains 9g of fat, only 2g net carbs, 10g of protein and 170 calories.
- Clancy’s Pork Rinds -A prime example of the keto-friendly snack, these pork rinds have 6g of fat, no carbohydrates, 8g of protein and 80 calories per serving.
- Savoritz Parmesan Crisps -These crunchy cheesy crisps come in either Original or Jalapeño flavors and each serving contains 7g of fat, zero carbs, 9g of protein and 100 calories. That is ticking the keto snack boxes.
- Park Street Deli Classic Guacamole Mini Cups -Something a little different but very keto with 11g of fat, 2g net carbs, 1g of protein and 120 calories.
Keto Grocery Store Snacks At Sprouts
- Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk Yogurt - Nice to find a low carb yogurt and this one has 11g of fat, 2g net carbs, 5g of protein and 130 calories in each pot.
- Nick’s Sticks - Beef, turkey and chicken with or without spice, these sticks are high in flavor and low in carbs. The grass-fed version has 8g of fat, zero carbs and 10g of protein with 120 calories.
- Evolved Keto Cups -Six flavors, all low carb and packed in sevens or twos, Evolved Keto Cups are another great choice of keto snack. The coffee version, for example, has 10g of fat, 1g net carbs, 1g of protein and 130 calories in each cup.
- Evolved Midnight Coconut Bar - Unsweetened organic cocoa with organic shredded coconut delivers nutritious fats in abundance. At 100% cacao, this is for the strong. A 1oz serving has 15g of fat, 3g net carbs, 3g of protein and 150 calories.
- Lily’s Extremely Dark Chocolate -For the confirmed chocoholic this is a must, “slightly bitter, earthy, woodsy and nutty”. Each serving has 14g of fat, 5g net carbs, 3g of protein and 150 calories.
Keto Grocery Store Snacks At Whole Foods
- Vermont Cracked Pepper Beef & Pork Stick - Available in eight versions this is another one of those keto snacks to buy. One stick has 6g of fat, no carbs, 6g of protein and 80 calories.
- 4505 Classic Chili & Salt Pork Rinds -Made from humanely raised, all-natural pork with no added hormones or antibiotics, these are light, airy and melt in your mouth. A 1/2oz serving contains 5g of fat, zero carbs, 9g of protein and 80 calories.
- Moon Cheese Gouda - Tangy gouda cheese bites that are a perfect keto snack. A 1oz serving has 14g of fat, 1g of carbs, 11g of protein and 170 calories.
- 365 Almond Butter -Available in crunchy and smooth, simply almond. Two tablespoons will give you 17g of fat, 4g net carbs, 7g of protein and 190 calories.
- Doctor In The Kitchen Organic Rosemary Flackers -These are organic flax seed crackers delivering the healthy snacking power of flax with a delicious crunch. An eight-cracker serving has 10g of fat, 1g net carbs, 6g of protein and 150 calories.
- HighKey Mini Cookies - Surprise! If you live in the South Western region of the US, we may be in a Whole Food near you! All three of our mini cookie flavors are 8 cookies per serving and have only 2 net carbs (or less!) Be sure to contact us to see if we’re in a store near you!
Top 5 Keto-Friendly Dessert Snacks/Treats To Buy
Sometimes you need something that feels a little naughty to satisfy your sweet tooth, right? Here are some suggestions for you:
- Fat Snax Cookies - A low carb cookie that doesn’t taste like it’s low carb in four different flavors. One cookie has 8g of fat, 5g net carbs, 2g of protein and 90 calories.
- Carbolicious Low Carb Rum Balls -Pure low carb and low sugar pleasure. Each ball contains 12g of fat, 1g net carbs, 3g of protein and 130 calories. A great keto dessert or treat.
- GluteNull Lemon Coconut Cookies - Made from organic coconut flour, walnuts, fresh lemon, almonds, and grapeseed oil and keto-friendly. Each cookie contains 4g of fat, less than 1g of carbs, 1g of protein and 40 calories.
- Chocolate Smartcake -A healthy and satisfying keto-approved dessert option. One serving has 2.5g of fat, zero net carbs, 4g of protein and just 38 calories.
- Atkins Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll Bar -You won’t believe this mouthwatering bar is keto-friendly, it looks so beautiful. Yet each bar has 12g of fat, only 3g net carbs, 7g of protein and 180 calories.
Top 5 Low Carb, Keto Friendly Gas Station Snacks
It’s perfectly possible to grab a snack from a gas station, and our top five suggestions are:
- Cheese/Cheese Sticks - Most gas stations will have a refrigerated section where you will find string cheese or twists all low in carbs but with fat and protein.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs -Some gas stations will also have boiled eggs in their chilled sections, 11g of fat, minimal carbs, 13g of protein and 155 calories. They couldn’t be more keto.
- Meat Sticks, Beef Jerky And Pepperoni -Cured meats are easy to find and are great for protein and fat. Just be careful when they have sweetened flavors, as they add unwanted carbs.
- Pork Rinds - Crispy, salty, crunchy and easy to find, all you need in a keto snack.
- Pickles -Tear open bags are perfect for whole dill pickles, sharp-tasting, and zero carbs. Not much in the way of nutritional value but will take the snacky edge off e and not upset your ketosis.
Are Slim Jims Keto?
Slim Jims and gas stations go together – in a good way – and the good news is they are keto-friendly. Each one has 7.3g of fat, just 3g of carbs, 9g of protein and 116 calories. What’s not to like?
So now you know what’s available in the keto snack world and that there’s no need to wreck your keto diet with unwanted carbs when those snacking needs arise. Low carb packaged snacks are everywhere and don’t have to have keto written on the packaging, you just have to know what to look for!
Fortunately, when your body is fully in ketosis you won’t feel the need to snack so often but it’s great to know that wherever you are and however long a proper meal is delayed, there are flavorful, nutritious keto store-bought snacks are all around you!