Keto-Friendly Pumpkin Soup With Bacon Recipe
KETO-FRIENDLY PUMPKIN SOUP WITH BACON RECIPE
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 28 minutes
INACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 53 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving):
346 Calories • 27g Total Fat
10g Carbohydrates • 3g Fiber
7g Net Carbs • 14g Protein
Calling all soup lovers! Ring in soup season with this easy, creamy pumpkin soup that will keep you coming back through the seasons. This bowl is bursting with satisfying low-carb Fall flavors. You’ll start with a flavorful base of pureed roasted cauliflower and garlic. Next, you’ll add pureed pumpkin, a splash of apple cider vinegar, warm spices, and a touch of heavy cream. Top it all off with crispy crumbled bacon and HighKey’s savory parmesan cheddar egg whites and you’re left with an addicting soup that will keep you cozy all Fall.INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup HighKey Parmesan Cheddar Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a sheet pan, toss chopped cauliflower and whole garlic cloves with 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer and roast 15-18 minutes, until tender.
- In a large pot, heat chopped bacon over medium heat 6-8 minute, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, reserving bacon grease in pot.
- Transfer cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender. Add 1 cup chicken broth. Process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a pot with bacon grease over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 cup of chicken broth, pumpkin puree, apple cider vinegar, paprika, coriander, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and heavy cream and stir to combine, until butter is melted.
- Scoop soup into bowls and top with crumbled bacon, parsley, and HighKey Parmesan Cheddar Egg Whites.
Danielle Moore is a Nutritionist and the Founder of Sunday Bacon Kitchen, a full service culinary design firm inspired by her son’s love of bacon on Sunday mornings. Follow her cooking and eating adventures on Instagram at @sundaybacon