Keto Pancake Breakfast Sandwich
Keto Pancake Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Low carb keto pancake breakfast sandwich with bacon
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 18 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 33 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving):
424.5 Calories • 33.3g Total Fat
14.1g Carbohydrates • 6g Fiber
6.1g Net Carbs • 23.3g Protein
71% Fat • 6% Carbs
2g Sugar Alcohols • 22% Protein
This just in: If you are a fan of McDonald's McGriddle sandwiches then you’ve got to try this recipe! Who knew that a breakfast sandwich with pancakes could be possible on the keto diet??!
Thanks to HighKey’s amazingly delicious low carb keto pancake mix, you can enjoy your favorite on-the-go breakfast treat anytime. We employ a few easy kitchen tricks to achieve that perfect taste and texture that you may have thought you could not indulge in while living the keto lifestyle..
Your first order of business is to secure a few mason jar rings. While this part isn't essential to the flavor, it does result in that perfectly circular breakfast sandwich. You’ll use these rings to make the egg and the pancakes. By constricting the spread of the pancakes and egg, they’ll be thicker, offering more flavor in every bite. If you don’t have these around the house, you can use circular cookie cutters, or simply make your eggs and pancakes free form, I mean who cares if they aren’t perfectly round if they taste AH-mazing!
The second trick is essential to the flavor. Afterall, what’s a pancake sandwich without the signature maple flavor? Normally, this is achieved with maple sugar crystals. By using our Highkey Monk Fruit Stevia Erythritol Blend, you can make a copycat keto version. It’s as simple as broiling the sweetener for a few minutes and mixing it with a little maple extract. The broiling will allow the sweetener to liquify. Let this liquid sit out a few minutes and you’ll have a solid crystal. Break it up and sprinkle those flavor bombs on top of your pancakes for a burst of sweet maple flavor in every bite. If that seems like too much for your culinary skills to handle, you can always buy a bottle of keto friendly low-carb maple flavored syrup!INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 tsp HighKey monk fruit stevia erythritol blend
- 1/8 tsp maple extract
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup Highkey Pancake Mix
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Silpat or parchment paper
- Sheet pan
- Mason jar rings - 3
- Contains tree nuts, eggs, dairy
- Not advised
- Preheat the oven to high broil.
- Line a sheet pan with a small sheet of parchment paper. Scoop Highkey sweetener onto parchment and transfer sheet pan to the oven for 2 minutes, until sweetener is liquified. Remove from the oven and immediately add maple extract and gently stir to combine. Set aside to solidify then crack into small maple crystals.
- In a skillet, heat bacon over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until crisp. Remove from pan, reserving grease.
- Preheat griddle over medium.
- In a mixing bowl, mix Highkey pancake mix, 1 egg, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract with a rubber spatula until smooth. Set aside to thicken for 3 minutes.
- Grease the inside of a mason jar ring. Place upside down in the bacon grease over medium heat. Crack 1 egg into the ring. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the egg is mostly set. Carefully flip the egg and ring then use the edge of a spatula to gently remove the ring from the egg. Cook 1 more minute, then remove and set aside.
- Grease preheated griddle. Grease the inside of 2 mason jar rings and place upside down on a preheated griddle. Scoop 2 Tbsp pancake mix into each ring. Sprinkle with maple crystals. Cook 2-3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top. Carefully flip pancakes and ring then cook for another 2 minutes. Use the edge of a spatula to gently remove rings from pancakes.
- Place one pancake on a plate. Layer cheese, egg, and bacon on top then cover with remaining pancake.
Danielle Moore is a Nutritionist and the Founder of Sunday Bacon Kitchen, a full service culinary design firm inspired by her son’s love of bacon on Sunday mornings. Follow her cooking and eating adventures on Instagram at @sunda