Low Carb Friendly Margarita: Spicy Blackberry Smash
LOW CARB FRIENDLY MARGARITA: SPICY BLACKBERRY SMASH
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving):
150 Calories • 0.1g Fat
6.5g Carbohydrates • 0.9g Fiber
5.5g Net Carbs • 0.4g Protein
- 3 blackberries
- 1 slice jalapeño
- 2 ounces 100% agave tequila
- 2 ounces soda water (plain or flavored)
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 teaspoon HighKey Monk Fruit Stevia Allulose Erythritol Blend (optional)
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Make the HighKey Cocoa Almond Hot Cereal according to the package directions, top with caramel, toasted coconut flakes, and coconut chips to serve.
- Add the tequila, lime and soda water to glass and stir.
- Garnish with mint and serve.
HighKey Note: This drink was perfect for a hot summer day! Keep in mind, the more you muddle the jalapeno the spicier your drink will be. If you want a more mild drink muddle your blackberries first, then add in the jalapeno slice and lightly muddle.
Lauren Lester is a food photographer, recipe developer, and author. She is the founder of the creative content agency, Healthful Creative. HC specializes in helping food centered brands share their story through recipe development + food photography. Apart from Healthful Creative, she is also the co-founder of the Keto website, Cast Iron Keto.