Keto Beef Chili
Keto Beef Chili Recipe
Low carb beef chili topped with shredded cheddar cheese
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving):
274 Calories • 17g Total Fat
8g Carbohydrates • 3g Fiber
5g Net Carbs • 24g Protein
There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of chili. This version is packed with spice and flavor. Serve the chili up family style with all the fixings.
Grass-fed beef might be one of the best sources of protein you can find. It includes significantly more brain boosting omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef. Grass-fed beef is also higher in vitamin A and E and cancer-fighting antioxidants compared to grain-fed beef.INGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds organic grass-fed ground beef
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 1 15oz can diced tomato, with juices no sugar added
*Shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro and diced avocado for garnishes not included in nutrition facts information.DIRECTIONS
- Using either a large stock pot or Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high.
- Add onions, and jalapeno to pot and cook stirring often till onion becomes soft and translucent. 5-6 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for another minute till garlic becomes fragrant being careful not to burn the garlic. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and cinnamon. Cook until brown.
- Once meat is browned, add in tomato paste, beef broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve warm family style in a large bowl with garnishes on the side.
Gary Appelsies is a Board Certified Holistic Integrative Nutritionist, Natural Foods Chef, Inspirational Speaker and Author. He has an extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and knowledge of different dietary theories, Gary is able to work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.