Keto Grilled Hamburger with Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
KETO GRILLED HAMBURGER WITH SAUTÉED MUSHROOMS RECIPE
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)*:
*Only for the burger; does not include HighKey Cheddar, Egg White and Bacon Cheese Crunch
225 Calories • 13g Fat
3g Carbohydrates • 1g Fiber
2g Net Carbs • 24g Protein
I love a good burger in pretty much any shape or form. Anything from grilled in the backyard to fast food to sit-down burger joint to decadent fine dining hamburger. Sometimes it’s a turkey burger and sometimes it’s a house-made veggie burger, but truth be told, the absolute best-tasting is with good ole’ beef, and not super lean. 90% lean still contains some fat to leave your taste buds happy and burger moist.
When shaping the burger patties, it’s important not to over handle or pack the meat so it doesn’t become tough. Simply divide the meat into portions and lightly shape into patties. That’s it.
Seasoning the burgers is also important. My go-to burger seasoning is a bottled blend geared specifically toward burgers or steak, with pepper, garlic, salt, and other spices. You can’t go wrong.
I love serving these burgers with HighKey's Cheddar, Egg White & Bacon Cheese Crunch for a crunchy, cheesy, savory side dish that’s packed with protein.INGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon neutral high-heat oil, like avocado or canola oil, plus extra for the grill
- 1 (8-ounce) container button or baby Bella mushrooms, sliced (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon hamburger or steak seasoning
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Condiments like mayonnaise and Dijon mustard
- Pickled peppers, like peppadews or cherry peppers, thinly sliced
- HighKey Cheddar, Egg White & Bacon Cheese Crunch
Allergen disclaimer: Contains Eggs, milk.DIRECTIONS
- To cook the mushrooms, heat a large sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the mushrooms and toss or stir to coat. Allow to brown undisturbed for a few minutes.
- When browned on one side, toss or stir and cook a few minutes until tender. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the grill on medium-high, or 500-525 degrees F.
- Divide the beef into four portions and shape evenly into patties. Sprinkle both sides with the seasoning.
- Fold a paper towel into a small square and coat in oil. Using tongs, grease the grill grates. Place the patties on the grill and cook undisturbed until you see some browning on the outside bottoms and the patties easily release with a spatula.
- Flip the patties. Cook to desired doneness, a couple more minutes.
- Wrap each patty with two lettuce wraps and top with mushrooms, pickled peppers, and condiments. Serve with HighKey Cheese Crunch.
MICHELLE DUDASH, RDN
Michelle Dudash is a registered dietitian nutritionist, Cordon Bleu-certified chef, and author of Clean Eating for Busy Families, revised & expanded. Subscribe to her monthly clean eating newsletter with free recipes and healthy eating tips at michelledudash.com