Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip For Your Next Tailgate 🏈
KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP FOR YOUR NEXT TAILGATE 🏈
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
SERVES: 12, 1/4 cup dip each
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving):
163 Calories • 12g Total Fat
2g Carbohydrates • 0g Fiber
2g Net Carbs • 11g Protein
Nothing screams tailgate food like Buffalo chicken everything. This keto buffalo chicken dip checks all the boxes for flavor, creaminess, crave-worthiness, and low-carb. It’s super easy to prepare, too. Just prep for 30 minutes and then let it bubble away in your slow cooker until game time.
For tasty low-carb dippers to replace chips, I opt for celery stalks, carrot planks, sliced radishes, and halved mini sweet peppers (adorbs). For some serious cheese-on-cheese enjoyment, dip with HighKey Cheese Crunch Everything Spices flavor for an ultra-protein packed, keto-friendly snack.
My favorite parts of the chicken to use are the legs and thighs, which are extra juicy and flavorful. Or use the chicken breasts, if you prefer.TOOLS
- Slow Cooker
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese (1/3 fat Neufchatel cream cheese works, too)
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (I like to use Frank’s RedHot® in this)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, skin removed (use rotisserie chicken for a major timesaver)
- 3 medium scallions, white parts chopped, green parts thinly sliced, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5.3 oz) cup plain whole-milk (or 2%) Greek yogurt, liquid drained off
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or crumbled Blue cheese
- Turn the slow cooker on low. Quarter the cream cheese and place in the slow cooker to soften while you prep the other ingredients. Cover. Pour in the hot sauce and stir.
- Add the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, white parts of scallions, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for one hour.
- Stir in the yogurt. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese and heat until melted.
- You may transfer the dip to a serving dish or serve it straight from the slow cooker on the warming setting*. When ready to serve, sprinkle with green parts of scallions.
*If your slow cooker doesn’t have a warm setting and you want to keep it warm for a couple hours, you may need to turn the slow cooker on and off to prevent overcooking it.
Allergen disclaimer: Contains Milk.
MICHELLE DUDASH, RDN
Michelle Dudash is a registered dietitian nutritionist, Cordon Bleu-certified chef, and author of Clean Eating for Busy Families, revised & expanded. Subscribe to her monthly clean eating newsletter with free recipes and healthy eating tips at michelledudash.com