Keto Egg Muffins With Mushroom and Sausage Recipe
KETO EGG MUFFINS WITH MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE RECIPE
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving):
384 Calories • 33g Total Fat
3g Carbohydrates • 0g Fiber
3g Net Carbs • 18g Protein
Quick and easy for an on the go morning or a quick afternoon snack. Fill with your favorite ingredients.
Pasture-raised eggs are laid by hens that get to spend their days outside on fresh pastures and generally live off the land. They contain 1/3 less cholesterol, 1/4 less saturated fat, 2/3 more Vitamin A, 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids, 3 times more Vitamin E, 7 times more beta carotene than conventional eggs.INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ small yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, organic and pasture raised
- In a large mixing bowl combine sausage, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place a large non-stick or silicon muffin tin (6 muffin tin) on a cookie sheet.
- Form shells with the sausage mixture making sure to cover the bottom and sides of the muffin tin with no holes in the shell and leaving room in the middle for eggs.
- Place in refrigerator to chill, while preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat melt butter.
- Once butter has melted add onion, sauté 2-3 minutes until onion begins to soften and turn translucent.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for another 3-5 minutes until mushrooms have cooked down and onions are slightly caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Remove muffin tins from fridge.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until well blended and season, add the onion and mushroom mixture. Beat one more time to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into the middle of each cup being careful not to over fill.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Gary Appelsies is a Board Certified Holistic Integrative Nutritionist, Natural Foods Chef, Inspirational Speaker and Author. He has an extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and knowledge of different dietary theories, Gary is able to work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.